A to Z Challenge

Monday, April 30, 2012

X is for Xylophone!


X is for Xylophone!

The first time I visited Disney World I found the most wonderful thing in the midst of all the wonderful things in the Magic Kingdom - a floor that played music when I stepped on it.  The trouble is that at the time I wasn’t a dancer and didn’t really understand how wonderful and whimsical a find I had found.  There in the Imagination pavilion I found the stepping tones…a stretch of floor that when I stepped on it, a musical sound played.  I don’t remember all the details but as I sort of skipped around the floor musical notes rang out.  I remember wondering if I had enough time there, could create a tune, or maybe a whole symphony, with my feet?  A passing thought and than it was off to look for more magical, whimsical things.

But many years and a lot of dance experience later, I found myself wondering if my partner and I danced an east coast swing on that amazing electronic floor xylophone, would we, could we play a recognizable tune, a recognizable east coast swing, maybe?  Maybe I should buy a plane ticket back to the Magic Kingdom and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment